For travelers, backpackers, pilgrims and tourists of all ages, looking for economical accommodations, our association has 22 beds in the heart of Pau.
We are a member of the United Federation of Youth Hostels (Hosteling International), with a “three tree” quality rating.
Youth Hostel in Pau
3 rooms with bunk beds and 8 appartments with 2 single beds at the Michel Hounau residence. No private parking, but possibility of free parking nearby. Secure garage for two-wheelers.
- The hostel is open all year. There is a serviceline Monday to Friday from 9am to 10pm.
- The reception desk is open Monday to Friday from 5 pm to 10 pm and on weekends from 2 pm to 10 pm. In case of later arrival, it is necessary to make an appointment by telephone with the guardian present.
Rooms must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure.
- Sheets, pillows and blankets are provided free of charge.
- Breakfast is available daily and on some weeknights there is a communal dinner.
- The large equipped kitchen is available to travelers, as well as a variety of services (multimedia room, TV, pool table, ping-pong, laundry…)
- Free Wi-Fi trougout.
- A night watchman is on duty at both residences and can be contacted by phone from your room.
Access Youth Hostel Pau
Residence Michel Hounau
30 ter, street Michel Hounau, 64000 Pau
Idelis public transport (lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 20, 21)
From Pau Pyrenees Airport Uzein :
25 minutes (by car) or Idelis public transport line n°20
From the Pau train station :
10 minutes (by car) / 30 minutes (walk)
Supermarkets, shops, restaurants are within a 5 minute walk from the residence
Night (per person)
- adults and children 12 years and older : 19,80 €
- children 6-11 years old : 9,90 €
- Free for children under 6 years of age
- the breakfast : 3 €
- the meal (some weeknights) : 3,50 €
Membership card with the United Federation of Youth Hostels (FUAJ or Hostelling International)
- more 26 years : 11 €
- less 26 years and foreigners : 7 €
Membership is required to access the international network of hostels. This card is valid for one calendar year and is for sale at the reception desk of our residences,as well as in most of our affiliated hostels,or directly on the FUAJ web site : http://www.fuaj.org/.
Following your reservation request, we will contact you by email or phone to advise you on availablities. Payment on arrival by cheque, cash, or credit card.
For groups (associations, schools, sports teams…) please contact us in advance of your stay.
by mail at :
by phone : 05 59 11 05 05
Take a reservation request : on click here