For travelers, backpackers, pilgrims and tourists of all ages, looking for economical accommodations, our association has 22 beds in the heart of Pau.
We are a member of the United Federation of Youth Hostels (Hosteling International), with a “three tree” quality rating.
Youth Hostel in Pau
Appartments with 1, 2 or 4 beds at the Michel Hounau residence. No private parking, but possibility of free parking nearby. Secure garage for two-wheelers.
- The hostel is open all year.
- The reception desk is open from 4 pm to 9.30 pm. In case of later arrival, it is necessary to make an appointment by telephone with the guardian present.
- Payment on arrival by cheque, cash, or credit card.
- Rooms must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure.
- Sheets and pillows are provided free of charge. PLEASE NOTE: due to the COVID-19 health protocol, we do not provide blankets : please bring your down.
- Breakfast : due to the COVID-19 health protocol, this service is suspended until further notice.
- The large equipped kitchen is available to travelers, as well as a variety of services (multimedia room, TV, pool table, ping-pong, laundry…)
- Free Wi-Fi trougout.
- A night watchman is on duty at both residences and can be contacted by phone from your room.
Access Youth Hostel Pau
Residence Michel Hounau
30 ter, street Michel Hounau, 64000 Pau
Idelis public transport (lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 20, 21)
From Pau Pyrenees Airport Uzein :
25 minutes (by car) or Idelis public transport line n°20
From the Pau train station :
10 minutes (by car) / 30 minutes (walk)
Supermarkets, shops, restaurants are within a 5 minute walk from the residence
Night (per person)
- adults and children 12 years and older : 21 € / 23 € / 26 €
- children 6-11 years old : 10 € / 12 €
- Free for children under 6 years of age
Tourist tax will be added to the price of your stay : 0,61 € per night and per adult. This tax will be collected by the accomodation provider you are staying at, on behalf of the Communauté d’Agglomération Pau Béarn Pyrénées and the conseil départemental of Pyrénées-Atlantiques.
- the breakfast : 4,50 €. Due to the COVID-19 health protocol, this service is suspended until further notice.
Membership card with the United Federation of Youth Hostels (FUAJ or Hostelling International)
- more 26 years : 11 €
- less 26 years and foreigners : 7 €
Membership is required to access the international network of hostels. This card is valid for one calendar year and is for sale at the reception desk of our residences,as well as in most of our affiliated hostels,or directly on the FUAJ web site : http://www.fuaj.org/.
By phone : 05 59 11 05 05 (every day 9h-12h / 14h-18h)
On line (here) or by mail (email@example.com). Following your reservation request, we will contact you (from Monday to Friday 9h-18h) to advise you on availablities.
For groups (associations, schools, sports teams…) please contact us in advance of your stay.